Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Two Favorite Mikes


Do you ever re-read a blog post and see a glaring error? You think, how on EARTH could I have missed that? Today I realized there were two very serious errors in this post. I forgot my two favorite Mikes.

The first one is Mr. Michael Conrad Hunter, the Mr. won't be around for long be cause he is attending Medical School right now in Rochester, NY.


Mike is on the right and Justin is on the left. You see,their besties; same home town and all that jazz, and without Justin my friendship with Mike never would have blossomed. I'd met him before and to honest, thought we were too different to have a solid friendship so I never even tried. Then when we were choosing senators for our campaign Justin insisted Mike had to be our science senator. Knowing Justin had never let me down before, I didn't even question the choice. He worked harder than any other senator in that campaign and in the following term that we served. And because we had to spend this time together I found out how amazing he truly is. Besides being ridiculously intelligent, he works harder than anyone I know, and is absolutely down right witty. He can make me laugh like no one else can. And on top of all that? A heart of freaking gold. We are 2500 miles away and he still knows when exactly I need to hear from him. He's is so in tune with the spirit it's not even funny.

Case in point: a few weeks ago he posted the following video on my wall.

He posted it because he had witty comment to share with me about it but what he didn't know is I needed to hear EXACTLY what Elder Holland had to say. It's the little things like that-I could make a list that would stretch from hear to Rochester. I didn't anticipate how well we'd stay in touch after SUU but I cherish it so much. I know our friendship is being seriously guided by my Father in Heaven.

The second Michael is none other than Michael Spencer Burt.


If I had to name the one person that has influenced me most in the past 12 years of my life it would definitely be this young man. I still remember the day I was taking my state standardized tests in the cafeteria at Desert Gardens Elementary School and Mrs Jordan, the school secretary, brought in a little post-it note to tell me he was born. I know he is one of the reason's I'm supposed to be home right now. He's always been my baby brother but tonight when we went as a family to tithing settlement something changed. Seeing him talk to the Bishop about is accountability before God really hit me, he really is turning in to a great young man. I can't wait to see what he'll become.

1 comment:

  1. this made me miss michael too. the first one, not the second...because i don't know the second so i can't miss him. though i'm sure he's great.

    ReplyDelete