Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Settling In

I've gotten my life here down to a pretty great routine, ready for it?

Wake-Up
Make breakfast for the Fam
Some sort of exercise (walk, bike ride, elliptical)
Clean something (room, kitchen, living room, car)
Shower
Search and apply for jobs
Pick up Michael from school
Make dinner
Attend nightly activity (Institute, Relief Society, Mock Trial practice)

Throughout all of this I run errands for my mom and am waiting patiently for my fingerprints to clear so I can substitute. The first couple of days were rough but it's nice to have time to think.

I have always loved serving others and for the time being that all I can do and I love it. Like today I had the time to make some extra Salsa to take to a Sister in the ward and make brownies for Jenny's class.

Tonight I learned how to quilt:



Don't look too closely, it's a first try and a little misproportioned.

The best part though is I'm making friends. I told myself I was gonna be active with the YSA group before I ever moved here, the first Institute was rough but it's going good and we're even planning a campout for next weekend. Holla!

To add a cherry on top of it all Laurel and Staci are coming to visit this weekend! Wanna know how amazing they are? Read the last two posts on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it's because I was listening to a really epic song while I was reading this (Comes and Goes by Greg Laswell) or because I miss you so much or because I'm so excited to visit you this weekend or because you referenced my blog or because you are so Christlike and this post really sent that message... but I loved it and I feel really peaceful right now.

    ReplyDelete