Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Michael Spencer

Two blog posts in one day....I know, epic for me. But nothing motivates me more than my little brother, meet Michael Spencer Burt:


I was the youngest until he came along, we were instantly besties. I realize this is an awkward photo but what kind of 11 year old boy is photogenic?

Today I found out some boys in his class were writing really mean things about him on facebook. Come on people! We're talking about 6th graders, why do they have facebook in the first place?! It breaks my heart, I've been emotional all day about it because he is truly amazing. I get that he doesn't get along with his peers, but you have to understand the options are few. In El Centro you're either very well off or very poor, and when you're the child of two school teachers and you don't speak spanish, you don't have many kids who want to be your friends in the first place. I get that, I grew up with it, but I didn't have to in the digital age. He has no self esteem and I pray every night that he sees himself as his Father in Heaven does. I wish he knew how awesome he was. So if you're reading this, do something to cheer up that awkward kid that just needs a little self esteem boost, I'm sure their older sister would be eternally grateful.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than knowing you have Emily Burt on your side.
    You're an amazing friend, amiga, sister, person, human, woman, gangsta, motivator, inspirerer...cuz that's a word.

    loooove you.

    ReplyDelete