Monday, May 9, 2011

Commencement


I have attended and worked at commencement for the last three years. I always thought it was a nice thing but not that big of a deal. The fact that you were done was the big deal. The only desire I had to walk and partake in the commencement exercises was so that my family could see. I want to set the example for Michael and my mom loves that kind of stuff. Then due to circumstances beyond their control the family couldn't make it and I lost all desire to walk. I knew my friends wouldn't let me skip out so I put on a pretty dress and some heals and went. It actually shocked me how much I loved it. I never really understood ceremonies for ceremonial sake but being at commencement, having that huge celebration (and I know what goes into from the event standpoint) just made all of my trials and accomplishments during my time here at SUU so real. One more class this summer and I will be a college grad. So weird.




No comments:

Post a Comment