Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dennis Effing Busch

I wish I could remember the first time I met Dennis Michael Busch. It had to be early freshman year. He was the hall director of the dorm I lived in. In the last 5 years he has become my rock. He's always been in Cedar; always encouraged me in everything I've done. I jokingly refer to him as my life mentor to many but that's really what he is. He worked for housing and I wanted to work for housing. When I hated the first two communication classes I took (schnifty nifties!) he encouraged me to try other teachers in the department. When he ran for Academic VP I helped him put up signs at 2am using the housing mule, and wore his shirt with pride. When he worked for Alumni Relations, I soon followed. When I decided to run for Activities VP, he was there for me, for every breakdown during the campaign and term, and was more than willing to help at any activity when asked. And as if to not miss a single detail of trying to be like him, I also finished math (fingers crossed) in the summer. I sit here in an empty Alumni House with my eyes a little moist because today is his last day in Cedar. He'll finish up a few items here and pack up his car and drive to Salt Lake tonight for what I'm sure will be an amazing adventure as the new PR and Marketing Director at the Riree-Woodbury Dance Company. I can't imagine a Cedar City with out Dennis Busch. He is truly one of the best men I've ever met.



1 comment: