Friday, July 22, 2011

I have a life plan!!!!! (kinda)

I'm moving home. Neither of my job interviews led to a job, although I did get some really great feedback from Norwich University. Thus on August 10th(ish) I am moving back to El Centro, California, where I was raised. I had every intention of moving home my first summer but 5 years later it just never happened, and now it's time. I need time to regroup and figure out a life plan. My little brother is starting Jr High this fall and I want to be there for him, he's a big deal. I'm going to try and substitute teach while I'm home and just continue to apply for jobs. Anyone who has ever been to El Centro is thinking "Why on earth would she move back mid-August?" It's the absolutely most disgusting time of the year. But it feels right, and I haven't had that feeling in a long time. So to help my positive outlook I want to share with you some of my favorite things about El Centro.

Let's start with the basics: location.


Fun Facts:

-We are the largest city in the country completely below Sea Level.
-2 hours from San Diego.
-10 miles from Mexico.
-4 hours from Mesa, AZ, home of Cody Noel Alderson and Katie Elizabeth Hawkes.

The Courthouse is my absolute favorite place in El Centro, hands down. It's gorgeous, and I have so many great memories there.


The Blue Angels train at our Navy Base for 3 months out of the year and we get to watch all the time.



The Sand Dunes we have are the biggest in the country and completely mesmerizing.


Just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming.....



3 comments:

  1. THIS BETTER MEAN YOU ARE COMING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my plan Stan! For sure Cody and I are planning on the SUU @ NAU Football game November 19th. Put it on your calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, hi, this is Randy Allen at the SUU MPA program. We talked recently at the Shakespeare Festival. I couldn't find your contact info so googled you and found this blog; you should come join our masters degree program-- I'd love to have a student like you in our program. You could do so much good. I have tuition waiver money available...
    Email me at allenr@suu.edu

    ReplyDelete