Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thunderbird Nation

It's going to come as no surprise to anyone that I love Southern Utah University. What amazes is me is how my love continues to grow. It truly is a nation, a family. This week the former Associate Dean of Students just happened to be in El Centro, which all in and of itself is a miracle, and we went to dinner. Now we didn't ever work together, we were really just mere acquaintances, but she made the effort to contact me. We could have stayed up all night talking about how amazing SUU is. In retrospect I often ponder if my experience at SUU was an anomaly, but talking to this women who had attended and worked at so many universities, I knew, SUU was just that marvelous.

Then, two days later I found out that the parents of a good friend growing up, people I respect and love very much, are SUU Alums!! We talked about The Utah Shakespeare Festival and Manzanita and Juniper. That same night two current Tbirds were down for Spring Break and we talked and laughed for hours. We talked about ways for them to get involved, and what will make their time there the best for them.

On top of all those reminders, I have a second interview tomorrow for a job I really, REALLY want, and I have had so much support from former employers at mentors at SUU. I am gone and they are still so invested in me, they want to see me succeed and they are doing everything so that that happens.

I love me some Thunderbird Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment