Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Grown Up Stuff

Now that I've accepted the job and the start date is set (April 4th,) I'M FREAKING OUT.

Cody is getting keys to his house this week.

Justin is getting married next week.

The week after that I get health insurance and a retirement plan.

And I'm freaking out.

When did we get to all this grown up stuff?

5 years ago my biggest priority was how late I could stay awake and if I could wake up for class.

I'm moving to a town I've never been to. I need to buy a bed and find a bank.

And I'm freaking out.

But then I remember when I was here:

This is Alex Jones, I'm obsessed with her, and she is where I was three years ago.

I've moved to a town where I didn't know anyone before, I found a bed, and I got a bank account. I figured out what I want to do with my life and in two weeks I get to start doing just that.

He brought me this far, He can get me to my grown up job.

I know that no matter what, the Lord will be with me.











But just in case you're still scared and confused about being a grown up, here's a really good article:





3 comments:

  1. Miss Emily,

    You are very inspirational. I feel less intimidated knowing that others have struggled along the way as well. You're going to do well in Montana, I just know it.

    Thanks for being such a supportive doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in Montana! This sounds like a great opportunity for you! And yeah, I'm still freaking out about grown up stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily... how I miss those 5 years ago when we were playing in Juniper :D I'm excited for you! New adventures make life worth living. I promise growing up isn't so bad. You are going to have so much fun in your new city.... state...lol Enjoy every minute.. which I'm sure you will do with no problems :)

    ReplyDelete