Wednesday, December 9, 2009

End of Semester 7 with two papers left...

I'm two papers away from being done with my seventh semester of college. I sat at Applebees today with Katie Hill, Michelle Erb, and Shani; just reminiscing about the good old days in Juniper as freshman and laughing at how stupid we were. Yet I found myself wishing I was still that carefree; you were always surrounded by people to talk to, and fun to be had. It made me feel so old: I'm 22! I remember when I was a freshman thinking Gabe was so old and he was only 21! Where has the time gone? I only have two semesters left, and then what? There was a moment last week when I had the though "maybe EFY isn't where I'm supposed to be this summer." Talk about shaking my foundation! It was little though, like when I first knew I wasn't supposed to go on a mission. I've now learned not to ignore the little things. I started looking into internships for the summer and it feels good at the moment. We'll see where life takes me. I'm actually kind of excited about being home, and that's a first. There were some rough patches but I was surprised at how easy it was to be home at Thanksgiving. I love spending time with Jeff and Jen and they'll actually have some to give. Mike's always a hoot and as much as I don't want to admit it, my mom has some pretty intelligent advice every once in a while. And most importantly, it will be warm!!!! I'm excited to see Krystin and Portia. I want updates in Abby's life, and I'm in desperate need of a haircut. She does good work. I need to get out of Cedar and think about things from outside the box. Where will I find a job in a year? Will there be any jobs to find? AHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment