Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's been a long long love affair...


with Thunderbird basketball. It all started the first day I lived in Cedar back in August of 2006 when one of the first people I met was on the team. My love for basketball goes back to 6th grade but that's another story. My freshman year I made signs and was at every home game, even went when we played at the Y. Those were the days of Coach Evans, Stevie B, the BFG, and Justin Allen; how I miss those days. Then came Coach Reid, and all of my favorites left. It was a hard time, but I never stopped cheering. I still have signs, and the day I found my SUU basketball jersey at the DI was one of the best of my college life. Tonight I watched our team try their hardest and fight tooth and nail against the UNLV Rebels. We lost but I really was truly proud of them, they tried until the very end. I don't know what I'll do when I don't live here anymore. bah! GO T-BIRDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment